Olympus Wrestling Membership
The Olympus Wrestling Club offers a variety of wrestling camps/programs sanctioned through USA Wrestling and AAU Wrestling. Our focus is on the development of fundamental wrestling skills, body awareness, coordination, and helping kids achieve their goals both on and off “the mat”. Whether or not wrestling is an athlete's "main" sport, we believe the skills learned in wrestling will help them excel at their sport and in life. We also believe wrestling is just plain fun!
- Ages: PreK-12 (We have a variety of classes for various ages and try our best to allow anyone the oportunity to wrestle.)
- An Olympus Wrestling Membership is required for athletes to particpate in our club camps/programs.
- A Youth AAU memberhsip is included in the membership cost.
- Wrestlers who purchase the membership may particpate in any of our regular program offerings and can attend classes that fit their needs.
- View the program calendar below to see when classes are offered.
- Athletes are expected to participate and behave appropriately. Athletes that are not behaving appropriately, may be asked to leave a session(s) or the remainder of the program without the option of a refund. We are not a daycare/babysitting.
- Sessions are held in the wrestling room at Olympus High School, click here to see a school map.
- Those attending practices (Athletes, Coaches, and Spectators) are expected to complete the symptom check form prior to attending, by clicking here.
- Click the "Register Now" Button above.
- Go to the the store to add the "Olympus Wrestling Membership" to the cart and check out.
- A membership lasts from September 2020-August 2021
- Cost Options:
- Annual Membership: $100 (Regularly $350).
- Monthly Membership: $50.
- Two Week Trial Membership: $15 (Regularly $30). This option may only be purchased one time.
- See dates and times on the calendar below.
- View our calendar to see what camps and programs are being offered and start attending!
*Click on the camp/program to get more details.
- What will we need for the first practice?
- All wrestlers should come in an athletic t-shirt, shorts, and shoes. Athletes are encouraged to purchase and wear wrestling shoes to all practices, however they are not mandatory. With youth wrestling it is optional to purchase and wear headgear, most athletes do not wear them at the younger age programs.
- Print and complete our Risk Acknowledgement/Concussion Form (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k6ddNf2uKc7XxfAUO60FHQj860qXdkncDhwdd7iWB34/copy) and bring it to practice or you are welcome to sign a copy of the form when you bring your athlete to the first practice.
- Can I pay with a check?
- Yes, however we prefer you pay online. If you are paying with a check please write the check out to "Olympus Wrestling Foundation." Also you will need to still complete all other registration requirements.
- Are parents expected to attend practices with the athletes
- Younger athletes (ages 4-8) are definitely a yes
- Older athletes (ages 9-18) no. generally.
- What is the youngest age kids should start to wrestle?
- We typically have kids as young as about 4 years old that attend. Our goals with younger wrestlers are to develop core strength, flexibility, and learn basic wrestling positions. Mostly we want them to have fun at this age and we don't heavily push them to compete.
- If we paid in the fall, do we need to pay again?
- As of right now, yes. We are changing from a season approach to a year long wrestling approach. We will have monthly, seasonal(winter, spring, etc.), and annual memberships that can be purchased. If you buy a year long membership you are all set for the entire year! If you buy a seasonal membership you'll be good to come until that season ends. If you buy a monthly membership you will need to keep buying a new membership each month for your wrestlers to continue to attend after the month ends.
- What if I just want to see if my athlete likes wrestling?
- We offer a one time 2 week membership for just $15. Give it a try we think you'll not just like it, you'll fall in love with this amazing sport!
- What can we expect wrestlers to learn while they are at your program:
Olympus Wrestling Gear!!!
Olympus Wrestling Trucker Snap Back Hat
Green/White, Snap Back
Olympus Wrestling Hoodies
White,50% cotton 50% Polyester
Olympus Wrestling Shorts
Green 100% Polyester
Folkstyle wrestling is the traditional style of wrestling in America and iis what we wrestle during the high school season. We offer beginner and advanced classes for our youth. Typically these classes run from October-January, however athletes can come and practice these skills in Open Mat sessions. Practices are led by a trained coach and will focus on building core skills, muscles and helpign the wrestlers have fun in the room.
Olympic wrestling includes the Freestyle and Greco styles of wrestling and is what most of the world actaully wrestles. We offer beginner level classes that focus on learning to throw and score from moves that can generally be used back in folkstyle wrestling. These classes are typically held in the spring and summer (March-May), however athletes can come and practice these skills in Open Mat sessions. Practices are led by a trained coach and will focus on building core skills, muscles and helpign the wrestlers have fun in the room.
Open Mat sessions are offered for wrestlers to come and practice their wrestling skills without a coach led practice, however a coach will be present to ensure athlete safety. Athletes are welcome to come and lift weights, use our mats for drilling/practice, and/or watch wrestling matches.