Winter Youth Team (AdvancedTeam)
The Olympus Youth Wrestling team is looking for wrestlers to join a competitive folkstyle wrestling team sanctioned through USA Wrestling. Our focus will be on the development of fundamental wrestling skills, body awareness, coordination, and helping kids achieve their goals both on and off “the mat” through participation in USA wrestling tournaments and competitions. Whether or not wrestling is an athlete's "main" sport, we believe the skills learned in wrestling will help them excel at their sport and in life. We also believe wrestling is just plain fun!
Athletes who have previously wrestled competitively in Junior High, USA Wrestling, and/or other competitive programs. All athletes MUST have a current USA Wrestling card. A "Full Athlete" card can be purchased for $45.00 or a "Limited Folkstyle" card can be purchased for $15.00. This is a one time purchase that lets you participate in USA wrestling through July, 2020. Click here for details and to purchase.
- Olympus High School wrestling room (NE corner of the athletic area).
- View Olympus High School Building Map
- Some practices may need to be held virtually, links will be emailed after you register.
- Age 6th - 9th Grade
- Intended for all experienced and motivated athletes who are 6th -9th grade.
- 3rd-5th graders may also join the team with permission from Coaches Robbins, Ashcroft, or Burkman.
- Practice 2 times per week.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-7:45 P.M.
- Highly Structured Practices.
- October 20th through January 28th.
- Must commit to wrestling in a minimum of 4 USA Wrestling events.
- View USA wrestling schedule here.
- $175 for the season per wrestler
- Includes: 3 shirts, 3 shorts, Hoodie, and a Beanie.
- Collect your items on the first practice by arriving 20 minutes early.
Registration processes have changed from last season. To register complete both steps below.
- Scroll to the bottom, fill out the form options and then click "ADD TO CART"
- Complete this "Wrestler Information Form."
- Wrestling can still be fun and safe during a pandemic!
- All individuals on school premise will need to wear a mask.
- Masks will be removed by wrestlers when they actually wrestle.
- Wrestlers will wrestle in cohorts, or preassigned groups, based on weight and skill level.
- Specific path of entering and exiting the school. View plan here.
- Parents can pick up and drop off athletes at practices.
- This year we are asking that parents not stay in the wrestling room during practices.
- Parents are welcome to social distance throughout the school.
- Temperatures of athletes will be taken as they enter the wrestling room.
- Good hygeine should be followed by all wrestlers.
- Wash your hands before and after practice.
- Handsantitizer will be available for wrestlers to use before and after practices.
- Shower as soon as possible after practices.
- Clean all workout gear before reusing that gear for practices.
- Stay home if you are feeling any symptoms of an illness.
- When in doubt, bow out. Do not attend practice.
- If you have been directly exposed to someone with a known illness, do not attend practice.
- As needed we will split up extra sessions of practice to limit the number of wrestlers attending.